A FEW HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2020:
- 317 students were educated in person during the winter (pre-COVID term).
- 224 students were educated through virtual classes since the pandemic began.
- 6 students gained U.S. citizenship.
- 19 WTS families (who had been excluded from Federal aid for COVID-19) each received a check for $800, funded by a $15,200 grant awarded to WTS by the Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition (PICC).
- Dozens of other families were connected to resources for housing, food, income, and further education.
SHARING ABOUT MARIA AND HOW WTS HAS IMPACTED HER LIFE: Maria immigrated to the U.S. in 1999 and gained resident status in 2005. Maria was motivated to become a citizen this year. After months of classes including civics, history, geography, and mock interviews, Maria was thrilled to pass the citizenship exam last summer, and she proudly exercised her right to vote in November.
Read more at www.WelcomingTheStranger.org