Rev. Adan A. Mairena, Director
By God’s grace, ministry continues to happen at WKM–even during this time of Covid. Like in other places, their ministries might look a little different, but God is leading them forward into a new year.
Things to celebrate:
- A virtual Book Study on The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and a virtual Bible Study of the Minor Prophets in combination with members of Yeadon and Chestnut Hill churches.
- Food distribution on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., averaging 10,000 pounds per week. Food comes from Small Things (formerly Easter Outreach), Port Kensington Community Farms, and churches and volunteers who donate casseroles and sandwiches.
- Churches and schools have provided lots of blankets, coats and masks.
- The Gage Recording Studio is fully operational (with masks and social distancing) and a song is being recorded. A podcast (La Calle Project) has also been created.
- An Immigrant Relief Fund is in place and is being publicized.