Grace & Peace to you this day!
Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honor. Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. (Romans 12:9-12)
Looking forward to gathering for worship this Sunday, August 30, either in person in our sanctuary at 10:00 a.m. OR via a recorded service using the link below.
Our worship will consider the story of the Moses at the Burning Bush, and what is means to stand on Holy Ground. I hope our worship offers you help and comfort in these times – if you are able to gather in our sanctuary or watch from home. May you rely on your faith and one another.
Sharing some information:
- The work on our roof continues. They are hoping to finish in September, as the weather allows.
- The video streaming system has been installed in our sanctuary. Thanks for your patience as we make the transition to live streaming worship. A recording of the service will also be available shortly after the service has ended.
- Our Preschool will be offering a modified, mostly outdoor program this fall. The Preschool staff has worked hard all summer to develop a program that is safe and engaging. I am excited we can continue to offer this excellent program based on Christian principles during COVID-19.
- Gloria and her 5 girls will be moving from First Place into the second and third floor apartment of the Parish House this week. They are delighted about the opportunity and we are excited to have this space be filled with life and love.
- The Pastor Nominating Committee is busy reviewing and interviewing candidates for the next pastor of APC. Within the next few weeks, there will be an update shared during worship. We are thankful for all their hard work as we move forward in faith.
- Planning is underway for programs this fall that are safe amid COVID-19. There will be options for education, music, youth, and fellowship. More details will be shared soon.
- Homecoming Sunday is set for Sunday, September 13. It will not be what we are used to for Homecoming, but there will be opportunities to celebrate and worship as a community of faith.
- This is Judith’s last Sunday with us as our Director of Family Ministries. We thank Judith for sharing her gifts of ministry with us and wish her God’s blessing as she moves on to the place God has planned for her.
With prayers for you all,