Below you will find the link to begin the sign up process to volunteer again for the Lower Merion Summer Cafe. This year for the purpose of continuity, we are requiring at least a 3 day commitment. These can be three consecutive days, or three days on three different weeks—whatever works best for your schedule. Other things to keep in mind:
- If you obtained your 3 clearances last year then you do not need to get them again this year.
- If you volunteered last year then you do not need to attend another training session
If you would like to recruit a friend/family member as a new volunteer, they must attend one of the training sessions on either June 3 @ 1 p.m. or June 4 @ 7 p.m. Both sessions will be at Ardmore Presbyterian Church. More things to note:
- Now that we have a better handle on the program, we will be limiting the number of volunteers each day so there will be less standing around on your part!
- We secured a grant from Philabundance to provide all the meals for us which will allow us much greater flexibility in serving etc.
- NEW this summer: we will be providing each family with a weekend meal bag on Thursdays in order to assist them over the weekend. We will need some driving assistance on Wednesday afternoons/evenings in order to get the bags to APC, so please let me know if this is something you may be interested in.
And last but not least, Beth has been hard at work planning lots of new and amazing programming for each day!
We can’t wait for this year’s Cafe! https://forms.gle/iSEkkm8PySbB7osL7