2016 CONFIRMATION COVENANT
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” (Romans 1:16-17)
Accepting the call of Jesus Christ, we desire to be faithful members of his Body, the Church. We desire to share in her worship and ministry through our prayers, gifts, study and service. We desire to be active in God’s business, relying completely on his grace for the strengthening of our faith. Therefore, for this particular season, we covenant with God and each other.
- We will take time for prayer at least five times a week.
- We will observe a prayer of thanksgiving before meals with my family.
- We will read “A Brief Statement of Faith” at least once a week.
- We will read the gospel of Luke
- We will keep an online journal.
- We will each complete a Faith Impact Statement.
LOVE ONE ANOTHER
- We will support one another in friendship, presence, and prayer.
- We will meet with our sponsors at least once a month.
- We will attend the Easter breakfast with our sponsor (or another church fellowship activity).
- We will meet with the Session.
LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR
- We will participate in four mission projects.
- We understand mission as witnessing to Christ in the world both in word and deed.