In the Beginning: What’s Genesis Good For?
Sunday Mornings, 9 a.m., starting September 20th
In this class, we will continue our exploration of the opening chapters of the Bible in their ancient Near Eastern context, to learn how they communicate, and what they have to say to our world today. As it happens, they speak to us profoundly, in a non‐scientific way, about the nature of reality, about human identity and purpose, about what
is fundamentally wrong, and about the solution to what’s wrong.
Led by Raymond Van Leeuwen, PhD. Professor of Biblical Studies, Emeritus, Eastern University, meets in the Mill Creek Room. Child care available.
How to Spell Presbyterian
Sunday Mornings, 9 a.m., starting October 4th (7 weeks)
How to Spell Presbyterian is a basic introduction to our common beliefs, traditions and future together. The journey of faith is a comfort but also a challenge, and we can’t do it alone. Relying on God’s grace, our church exists to guide and support each other on this journey. This small group study is for new members, long-term members and the interested.
Led by Rev. James Hodsden, meets in the Library. Child care available.
Christians and Muslims: Where We Agree; Where We Disagree
Sunday Evenings 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., October 4th, 11th, 18th
Do you have any Muslim friends? neighbors? workmates? classmates?
As we interact with these folks from a perspective of love rather than fear, it is helpful to have an understanding of the basic tenets of their faith as well as those of our own. Please join us as we look at the similarities and differences in mainstream Christianity and mainstream Islam in the United States.
Led by Rev. Sturgis Poorman, meets in the Library.
- Sunday Morning Adult Small Group: 9:00- 10:00 a.m. in Mill Creek Room
- Sunday Evening Topical Studies in Library
- Wednesday Women’s Small Group: 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. bring your own lunch in Library
- Wednesday Men’s Small Group: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m., lunch provided in the Mill Creek Room
- Thursday evening Small Group: periodically in member’s homes
- Men’s Monthly Saturday Morning Breakfast, Study and Fellowship: 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. in MCR