100 Years of History

1907 – 2007

Our One Hundredth Anniversary

On October 4, 1907 fifty men and women became the charter members of the First Presbyterian Church of Ardmore, and immediately began regular Sunday worship at the old YMCA building on Lancaster Avenue. In 1910, the congregation moved to its first church building on the corner of Montgomery Avenue and Mill Creek Road, the location where it has continued to worship ever since.

Over the ensuing one hundred years the church has dedicated itself to serving the Lord Jesus Christ in the Ardmore community. We invite you to join us in celebrating our centennial anniversary, as we look back on God’s gracious presence, and look forward to future years of service in God’s name.

Minutes for History

During the centennial year we took a moment during worship each Sunday to hear the stories of those who have served our church over the past 100 years. We share these historical stories below with the hope that they not only remind us of the past, but inspire us in even greater acts of faith during the years to come.